Turkey Brine (For 12-14 pound bird)
Brined is better in my opinion. It adds SO much flavor and makes your turkey super tender!
- 1 gallon vegetable broth
- 1 C sea salt
- 1T crushed, dried rosemary
- 1T dried sage
- 1T dried thyme
- 1T dried marjoram
- 1 gallon ice water
- Large food safe bucket or stockpot
1) In a large stock pot, combine the vegetable broth, sea salt, rosemary, sage, thyme and marjoram.
2) Bring to a boil, stirring frequently to be sure salt is dissolved.
5) Stir in the ice water
6) Wash and dry your turkey. Make sure you remove all innards. Place turkey, breast down into the brine. Make sure that the cavity gets filled. Place the bucket, covered in the refrigerator overnight.
7) Remove the turkey carefully draining off the excess brine and pat dry. Discard excess brine.
8) Place turkey, breast up in baking pan and loosely cover top with foil. Removing foil 30-40 mins before bird it done to allow skin to brown nicely.
9) Reserve the drippings left in the pan for gravy.
***Brined turkeys cook 20-30 minutes faster so keep an eye on the temperature gauge.