Pumpkin Spice Protein Doughnuts
It’s that time of year again!!! A whole week dedicated to all things pumpkin!! So pull out your Ugg boots, dust off your yoga pants and warm up that Pumpkin Spiced Latte…it’s time for doughnuts!!!
These protein doughnuts will keep your goals in mind while you layer on the clothes…not the pounds! Don’t undo all the hard work you put in all summer. You can still indulge and have those tasty fall treats without the guilt!
So here is Pumpkin-palooza recipe day 1. Enjoy my pumpkin loving friends!! Be sure to check back daily for the new pumpkin recipe of the day. Or better yet- click the box at the bottom of the page to subscribe to receive an email each time a recipe is posted. No junk I swear. Just the good stuff!! 🙂
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2C 1stPhorm Level-1 Cinnamon Cookie Batter (available here)
- 1/4C Coconut flour
- 1/3C Stevia
- 1t baking powder
- 1t pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2C canned pumpkin
- 1/4C unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 6T unsweetened almond milk
FOR GLAZE (you may add glaze or simply toss in a mixture of cinnamon and stevia 🙂
- 3T Coconut Oil
- 4.5T Cinnamon Cookie Batter protein
1) Preheat oven to 350*
4) In a large bowl, combine canned pumpkin, eggs, applesauce and milk then whisk until smooth
6) Spoon batter into the doughnut pan. Filling cavities to the top, but not overflowing.
8) Remove from oven and let rest 2-3 mins then turn doughnuts out onto a cooling rack allowing doughnuts to cool completely before glazing them or tossing them in cinnamon & stevia mixture.
10) Carefully dip each doughnut one by one into the glaze then place back onto the cooling rack and top with any additional toppings such as grated chocolate, nuts, sprinkles, etc. Repeat until all doughnuts are glazed.
11) Next, place the cooling rack that is holding the doughnuts into the fridge for 10 mins to allow oil to set and firm.
12) Remove from the fridge and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Makes 6
Calories per Serving: 234
Fats10.5 w/ glaze 3g w/o glaze
Carbohydrates8.5g w/ glaze 8g w/o glaze
Protein11g w/glaze 8g w/o glaze
Sugar2.5g with and w/o glaze