Loaded Mashed Potatoes
Mashed Potatoes are great...however, LOADED mashed potatoes are even better! These mashed potatoes can be a meal all it's own because I promise you- you'll love them and really won't want to eat anything else on your plate. Any leftovers you may have make great potato pancakes the next day!
(Recipe is for for 12-14 guests- divide as needed)
- 5 lbs Russet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 Tablespoons of butter
- Approximately 1C of Milk (you may use 2% or whole- you may use more or less depending upon how fluffy you like your potatoes)
- 1 C shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 strips of bacon, crumbled.
- Salt to taste
- Optional: Sour Cream
1) In a large stockpot, bring water to a boil. One boiling, add in potatoes. Boil approximately 10 mins or until fork tender.
2) Drain water then add in butter, cheese, bacon and salt (sour cream as well if you choose). Use a potato masher or hand mixer and whip potatoes then slowly pour in milk a little at a time while whipping until desired consistency is achieved.
3) Finally, taste test them and add more salt if needed.