Doughnuts make it better….especially protein doughnuts that won’t cause diet doom! You can enjoy these light, sweet and refreshing doughnuts everyday if you like!!
Fresh blueberries, lemon zest & vanilla protein make these babies pop!! I have made these several times in the last month and they have always been a hit! A bonus is you can make the batter into mini muffins or even cupcakes if you like to make it for a brunch treat or serve as a desert!
If you make them as mini muffins just decrease the baking time to 6-8mins. As cupcakes, bake 19-22 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Protein available HERE with free shipping from 1stPhorm International.
- 1/3C Coconut Flour
- 1/3C Truvia or Splenda
- 1/3C 1stPhorm Level-1 Vanilla Ice Cream Protein Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/3C & 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Almond or Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Whole Egg
- 2/3C Fresh or frozen blueberries
- Non-Stick Cooking spray
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 3-4 Tablespoons 1stPhorm Vanilla Ice Cream Protein Powder
1) Preheat oven to 325*
3) In a small bowl combine all dry ingredients; flour, Truvia, protein, salt & baking powder.
5) Next, in a small bowl, add the blueberries and a small amount of the dry ingredients just enough to coat the blueberries. This helps them from sinking to the bottom.
7) Bake for 18-20 min or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool 3-5 mins then turn doughnuts out onto cooling rack. Once fully cool, you may glaze them.
1) In a small microwavable bowl, microwave the coconut oil until just melted.
2) Stir in 3 Tablespoons of protein adding 1 additional Tablespoon if needed to have a thin yogurt type consistency.
3) Add the fresh zest of 1 lemon if you like to add more lemon flavor to the icing.
4) Next, Turn doughnut over and dip into glaze.
5) Return to cooling rack then place glazed doughnuts in fridge for 10-15 mins until set.
6) Store in airtight container in the fridge or countertop. These freeze great too!
- Makes 6