I made this again recently and it is always a favorite. Corn is my favorite food. It always reminds me of my grandma who would grow corn on the farm and then can, cook or freeze it. It was always the best.
My grandma would call my mom if we had a family dinner and ask "Is Emmy coming?" and if the answer was "yes" then she would make an entire extra container or jar because I would eat so much! :-)
This is a little of a spicy kicked corn so if you don't like spicy food, cut back on the red pepper flakes and garlic. If you have frozen or canned corn, you can still use this recipe and just mix it all into the corn and serve it off the cob. There are 2 versions below- one for the grill and one for stovetop boiled corn.
Kicked Up Corn
- 4 ears of corn
- 1-2t sea salt
- 1-1/2T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8t red pepper flakes
- 1/8t fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/8t garlic powder
- 1/4t lime juice
- Optional: 2T fresh grated parmesan cheese
To flavor boiled corn:
2) Once you have a roaring boil, carefully, without splashing water on you, add the ears of corn.
4) While corn is boiling, in a small dish combine olive oil, pinch of sea salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper, garlic powder & lime juice. Mix well until combined
To flavor grilled corn:
1) Place ears of corn on individual sheets of foil.
3) Place over heat on the grill and cook about 15 mins, turning frequently.
5) Sprinkle with Parmesan if desired and dig in!
- Makes 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 ear of corn
- Calories: 116
- Fat: 6g
- Protein 2g
- Carbs: 17g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 2g