Ok, this recipe could NOT be any easier! It is one I'm craving (I think the nice day yesterday reminded me of spring & BBQs so that's why! :-) Seriously though--SUPER easy, minimal ingredients and everyone will LOVE it!!
Slow-Cooked Pulled BBQ Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Sea Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 3/4 C of BBQ sauce (I useCode 3 -available at a lot of stores)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spray crockpot interior with nonstick cooking spray.
2) Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours. When chicken is done, to shred use a hand mixer on the lowest speed and shred the chicken.
3) Cover with lid and allow chicken to rest 10 mins to absorb all juices and sauce.
Add any additional BBQ sauce if you like.
Note: Do not use the hand mixer to shred if you use a plastic crockpot liner bag. Hand mixer can catch the bag in the beaters and causes a mess in your kitchen! Can you say "Chicken Confetti!"
- Makes 4 servings
- Nutrition per serving:
- Calories: 229
- Fat: 1g
- Carb: 10g
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Protein: 30g